Sunday 21 June 2015

First Post

  After a year away this will be the first blog post on the new blog. New house, new partner, and new garden. Its rented but I got the bug to start tidying the garden , then adding small bits, until it looks lovely and is a work in progress.
  I looked up gardening quotes for the blog. This was one of my favourites;
      "Help us to be ever faithful gardeners of the spirit, who knows that without darkness nothing comes to birth, and without light nothing flowers" by May Surton.
    I will show the gardens progress from photos taken in November 2014, up to now June 2015. New blog name and new picture. I'm out of practise about the mechanics of blogger.
 I bought a new tablet PC, camera, and then work out how to download my photos from my Blackberry andcamera to get them on here.
  The blog title refers to some of my favourite things like Julie Andrews. The raindrops fell on the Roses at the West Bretton scarecrow festival. It was great to walk around the village looking at the scarecrows and the gardens they resided in.
  I even have a copper kettle by the fire.. but no kittens with whiskers..
    This blog will reflect some of my favourite things in a daily progress report or musing about nature/wildlife/gardening/anything  else that grabs me.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with this new phase of your life. It is an exciting challenge to create a new garden. The buddah looks very much at home there.

    ReplyDelete